For workers' comp medical e-bills, acknowledgement protocols are designed to catch the following billing errors before review by a claims administrator:
- e-Bills submitted to a claims administrator who is not liable for the patient identified.
- Missing required attachments or California workers’ compensation mandated information.
When claims administrators catch billing errors before an e-bill is forwarded for review, the benefits include:
- Overall reduction in the number of unnecessary payment disputes.
- Increase in claims administration efficiency.
- Greater transparency with regard to billing errors.
In other words, acknowledgement protocols save everyone time, money, and frustration by allowing for avoidable errors to be resolved quickly, bringing your bill up to regulations in the most cost-effective way possible.